(Return to General Isuzu Information.)
Isuzu has used both their own engines, and General Motors-built engines. Isuzu has also produced engines for General Motors, Honda, Toyota and Mazda.
- 1972-1989 2AA1 975cc
- 1970-1991 2AB1 1184cc
- 1971-1991 UM2AB1 A marinized version of the 2AB1
- 2CA1 A marinized version is produced by Klaasen Engines as the Suzie 14
- 1983- 2KC1 0.653L engine, also produced in 1988-1994 as a marinized version UM-2KC1, and marinized briefly by Beta Marine Limited. Bore x stroke 74x76mm.
- 1972-90 3AA1 (1,463 cc)
- 1971- 3AB1
- 1977-90 3AD1
- 1978-79 3AD1-T
- The Isuzu Hombre used a General Motors-built Vortec 2200 Engine with 118 hp (86 kW) and 140 ft·lb (190 N·m) of torque.
- 2004-2006 Isuzu i-Series used a General Motors-built Vortec 2800 Engine with 175 hp (130 kW) and 185 ft·lb (251 N·m) of torque.
- 2007–2008 Isuzu i-Series use a General Motors-built Vortec 2900 Engine with 185 hp (138 kW) and 195 ft·lb (263 N·m) of torque.
Isuzu G engine
- The 1.3L G130 OHV engine was used in the Isuzu Bellett.
- The 1.5L G150 OHV engine was used in the Isuzu Bellett.
- The 1.6L G160 OHV engine was used in the Isuzu Florian, Isuzu Bellett GT.
- The 1.6L G161Z SOHC engine was used in the Isuzu Gemini, Holden Gemini and Chevrolet Chevette. Later, this became the 4ZA1.
- The 1.6L G161W DOHC 8V engine was found in the Isuzu Bellett GT-R.
Bore x stroke: 82mm x 75mm, displacement: 1,584 cc (97cid)
- The 1.8L G180SS SOHC engine was used in the Isuzu Bellett GT.
- The 1.8L G180Z SOHC engine was used in the 1972-1976 Opel Kadett, Chevrolet LUV and Isuzu 117 Coupé.
- The 1.8L G180W DOHC 8V engine was used in the ZZ Geminis released in Japan and the Isuzu 117 Coupé.
Bore x stroke: 84mm x 82mm, displacement: 1,817 cc (111 cid)
- The 2.0L G200Z SOHC engine was used in the and 1981-1985 Chevrolet LUV and also Isuzu Trooper (Holden Jackaroo in Australia). With carburetor 86 hp with EFI in the Isuzu Piazza 90 hp in the US and 110 hp in Japan
- The 2.0L G200W DOHC 8V engine was found in the 19??-1985 JDM , Isuzu 117 Coupe & early Isuzu Piazza with 135 hp (101 kW) and 123 lb·ft (167 N·m) of torque.
Bore x stroke: 87mm x 82mm, displacement: 1,949 cc (119 cid)
Isuzu X engine
- The 1.3 L 4XB1 SOHC engine was available in export market Isuzu Gemini JT140s, where it produced 72 PS (53 kW) DIN at 5,400 rpm.
Bore x stroke: 72.3mm x 79mm, displacement: 1,297 cc
- The 1.5 L 4XC1 SOHC engine was the base engine for the Isuzu Gemini FF and its Chevrolet Spectrum and Geo Storm derivatives. Power ranged from 70 hp (52 kW) in US-spec versions via 76 PS (56 kW) in the non-catalyzed European models, to a turbocharged version with 120 PS (88 kW) (down to 110 hp SAE in the US).
Bore x stroke: 77mm x 79mm, displacement: 1,471 cc (90 cid)
- The 1.6 L 4XE1 was a SOHC engine with 130 PS (96 kW). A DOHC 16V turbocharged form known as the 4XE1W featured 160 PS (118 kW). Both were famously mounted in the M100 Lotus Elan.
Bore x stroke: 80mm x 79mm, displacement: 1,588 cc (97 cid)
- The larger yet 1.8 L 4XF1 DOHC replaced the 4XE1 and produces 130 PS (96 kW) and 125 ft·lb (169 Nm) of torque.
Bore x stroke: 80mm x 90mm, displacement: 1,809 cc (110 cid)
Isuzu Z engine
- The 1.6L 4ZA1 SOHC 8V engine, based on the earlier G161 engine.
Bore x Stroke: 82mm x 75mm, displacement: 1,584 cc (96.7 cu in)
- The 1.8L 4ZB1 SOHC 8V engine was used in the 81~85 Isuzu Fargo and produced 88 PS (65 kW). It was a development of the earlier G180 engine.
Bore x Stroke: 84mm x 82mm, displacement: 1,817 cc (110.9 cu in)
- The 2.0L 4ZC1 SOHC 8V engine used in Isuzu Fargo van 86~. 94 PS (69 kW) in the van. This was also used in the Isuzu Aska. A 150 PS (110 kW) turbo version (4ZC1-T) could be found in the Isuzu Piazza & Isuzu Aska.
Bore x Stroke: 88mm x 82mm, displacement: 1,994 cc (121.7 cu in)
- The 2.3L 4ZD1 SOHC 8V could be found in the Pickup, the MU/Wizard/Rodeo/Amigo, and the Trooper. Max power in the Amigo/MU was 96 hp (72 kW), while export market Troopers (carburetted) produced 110 PS (81 kW) and MY 1988/89 US market Isuzu Piazzas received an MPFi version with 110 hp (82 kW) at 5,000 rpm.
Bore x Stroke: 89.3mm x 90mm, displacement: 2,255 cc (137.6 cu in)
- The 2.6L 4ZE1 SOHC 8V featured 120 hp (89 kW) and was available as an option to replace the 4ZD1 on Four-Wheel-Drive models. It was fitted to the MU/Wizard/Rodeo/Amigo, the Trooper, and the Pickup
Bore x Stroke: 92.6mm x 95mm, displacement: 2,559 cc (156.2 cu in)
Isuzu B engine
- The 4BA1 is a 2.8L diesel sold in Isuzu ELF light trucks from 1981–1983.
- The 4BB1 is a 3.6L diesel sold in Isuzu ELF and KT light trucks from 1973-1979. Bore 102 mm
- The 4BC1 is a 3.3L diesel sold in Isuzu ELF light trucks from 1980-1982. Bore 102 mm.
- The 4BC2 is a 3.3L direct injection diesel sold in the Isuzu ELF and NPR trucks from 1982-1987. Bore 102 mm. Approx 101 PS (74 kW).
- The 4BD1 is a 3.9L direct injection diesel sold in Isuzu ELF trucks as well as marine and industrial applications from 1979. Power output was 90 PS (66 kW), 245 Nm. Also known in the US market as the QD100.
- The 4BD1T is a turbocharged version of the 3.9 L 4BD1, it was produced from 1980 and was fitted to Isuzu NPR trucks from 1986 and sold in the US. Approx 136 PS (100 kW), 330 Nm.
- The 4BD2T is an indirect injection version of the 4BD1T that was also intercooled, it replaced the 4BD1T in the US market until about 1994.
Bore x Stroke 102 mm x 118 mm Displacement: 3,856 cc (235.3 cu in)
- The 4BE1 is a 3.6L direct injection engine. It replaced the 4BC2 in Isuzu NPR's from 1987- non turbo, VE rotary injection pump. 101 PS (74 kW) & 242 Nm
- The 4BG1 is a 4.3L, non turbo, direct injection industrial and marine engine. The 4BG1T is a turbocharged version of the 4BG1 and is available in marine ratings to 200 PS (147 kW).
Bore x stroke: 105 mm X 125 mm Displacement: 4,329 cc (264.2 cu in)
Isuzu C engine
- The C190 is a 2.0L OHV 8V engine used in the Isuzu Faster/Holden Rodeo and Isuzu Florian.
Bore x stroke: ?? mm x ?? mm, displacement: 1,951 cc (119.1 cu in)
- The C223 is a 2.2L OHV 8V engine with 58 hp and 93 ft·lb of torque used in the 1981-1982 Chevrolet LUV and the 1981 through 1987 Isuzu P'up. It was also used in the 1979-1981 Isuzu 117 Coupé XD/XDL, one of the first cars with sporting pretensions to be fitted with a diesel engine. In the 117, claimed max power (JIS) increased to 73 PS (54 kW) at 4,300 rpm.
Bore x stroke: 88 x 92 mm, displacement: 2,238 cc (136.6 cu in)
- The C240 is a 2.4L, 86mm bore OHV 8V engine often used in stationary and forklift applications.
Isuzu DL engine
- The DL200 is a 1.6L OHV 8V engine with cast iron block and head. It was fitted to the Isuzu Bellel and offered 52 hp and 87 ft·lb of torque. The fuel injection was a licensed Bosch unit.
Bore x stroke: 79.0 x 82.0 mm, displacement: 1,608 cc (98.1 cu in)
- The DL201 is a 2.0L OHV 8V engine with cast iron block and head. It was fitted to the Bellel and Bellel Express and offered 55 hp and 89 ft·lb of torque. Like its smaller sister, the DL201 used a license-built Bosch fuel injection unit.
Bore x stroke: 83.0 x 92.0 mm, displacement: 1,991 cc (121.5 cu in)
Isuzu E engine
- The 4EC1 is a 1.5 L (1,488 cc) SOHC 8V engine of the swirl chamber design, with bore and stroke of 76.0 x 82.0 mm. Power in the atmospheric version is 50 PS (37 kW) at 4,800 rpm and 90 Nm at 3,000 rpm. The turbocharged version (IHI) develops 67 PS (49 kW) at 4,600 rpm and 132 Nm at 2,600 rpm as fitted to the Opel Corsa A (with 0.68 bar/9.9 psi of boost), and 72 PS (53 kW) at 4,600 rpm and 143 Nm at 2,600 rpm when fitted to the larger Opel Kadett E. This engine was first seen in the Isuzu Gemini FF.
- The 4EE1 is a 1.7 L (1,686 cc) SOHC 8V swirl chamber engine, with bore and stroke of 79.0 x 86.0 mm. The turbocharged and intercooled version first seen in the 1990 Isuzu Gemini develops 88 PS (65 kW) at 4,500 rpm and 167 Nm at 2,500 rpm. This engine formed the basis for the common rail, direct injection 4EE2 engine now produced by Opel, who calls it the Ecotec DTi/CDTi. Power in the latest Opel Corsa has been increased to 130 PS (96 kW).
Isuzu F engine
- The 4FB1 is a 1.8L SOHC 8V engine with 51 hp and 72 ft·lb of torque used in the 1981 - 86 Chevrolet Chevette and the 1979-1987 Isuzu Gemini/I-Mark as well as the Australian Holden Gemini iteration of that car.
Bore x stroke: 84mm x 82mm Displacement: 1,817 cc (110.9 cu in)
- The 4FC1 is a 2.0L SOHC 8V engine used in the Isuzu Aska, and in Hindustan Ambassador in turbo and non-turbo (2DE1 NA) form.
Bore x stroke: 84 mm x 90 mm Displacement: 1,995 cc (121.7 cu in)
Isuzu H engine
- The 4HE1T is an OHC direct injection turbocharged engine of 4.75L capacity. Peak torque is 400Nm at 1,800 rpm, peak power is 148 PS (109 kW) at 3,200 rpm. Bore is 110 mm
- The 4HF1 is an OHC direct injection engine of 4.33L capacity. Peak torque is 285Nm at 1,800 rpm, peak power is 120 PS (88 kW) at 3,200 rpm. Bore is 112 mm
- The 4HG1T is an OHC direct injection turbocharged engine of 4.57L capacity. Peak torque is 325 Nm at 1,800 rpm, peak power is 121 PS (89 kW) at 3,200 rpm. Bore is 115 mm
- The 4HK1-TCN is a direct injection SOHC 16V turbocharged engine of 5.2L capacity. Peak torque is 402 Nm from 1,500-2,600 rpm, peak power is 148 PS (109 kW) at 2,600 rpm.
- The 4HK1-TCS is a direct injection SOHC 16V turbocharged engine of 5.2L capacity. Peak torque is 637Nm from 1600-2600rpm, peak power is 209 PS (154 kW) at 2,600 rpm.
Isuzu J engine
- The 4JA1 is a 2.5 L (2,499 cc), 93mm bore, 92mm stroke direct injection 8V and 16V engine. It was used in a variety of Isuzu TF Pickups under a variety of names including Opel Campo, and also in the Thai market Isuzu Cameo and in the Isuzu Panther, an Isuzu MUV car produced in Indonesia.
- The 4JB1 is a 2.8 L (2,771 cc) 93mm bore, 102mm stroke direct injection diesel engine. It was used in the Isuzu Bighorn (Trooper), Mu (Rodeo), Wizard (LWB Rodeo), Rodeo Pickup and Holden Jackaroo sold in most world markets aside from north America until the early 90's. Stock power was 87 PS (64 kW) in the 1989 Isuzu Trooper.
- The 4JB1-T is a turbocharged version of the 4JB1. It was intercooled in some applications. Power levels ranged between 100 and 115 PS (74 and 85 kW) depending on specifications.
- The 4JG2 is a 3.1 L (3,059 cc), 95.4mm bore x 107mm stroke version with indirect injection. It replaced the 4JB1-T in the Isuzu Bighorn (Trooper II) and Mu/Wizard (Rodeo) in most markets. This engine was upgraded from mechanical injection to electronically controlled mechanical injection.
- The 4JH1 is a 3.0L direct injection engine, turbo intercooled which replaced the 4JB1T in the Faster/Rodeo pickups. This vehicle was sold as the Holden Rodeo in New Zealand and Australia.
- The 4JJ1 is a DOHC 16V 3.0L common rail direct injection engine with turbo and intercooler which replaced the 4JH1 in the Holden Rodeo and later Holden Colorado.
- The 4JX1 is a 3.0L direct injection diesel engine, turbo intercooled, which replaced the 4JG2 in the Isuzu Bighorn (Trooper).
- The Isuzu i-Series utilizes General Motors-built inline five cylinder engines.
- 2004-2006 used the General Motors-built Vortec 3500 Engine with 220 hp (164 kW) and 225 ft·lb (305 N·m) of torque.
- 2007–2008 use the General Motors-built Vortec 3700 Engine with 242 hp (180 kW) and 242 ft·lb (327 N·m) of torque.
- From 1989-1990 the 2.8 L (2,838 cc) LL2 V6 with single point fuel injection, producing 122 hp (91 kW) and 204 N·m (150 lb·ft) of torque was used in the first generation Isuzu Trooper.
- From 1990-1992 the 3.1 L (3,128 cc) LG6 V6 engine with 122 hp (91 kW) and 224 N·m (165 lb·ft) was used in the Isuzu Rodeo until replaced with the Isuzu-built 3.2L 6VD1 engine.
- 2002–2009 SUV use the General Motors-built Vortec 4200 Engine with 275 hp (205 kW) and 275 ft·lbf (373 N·m) of torque. For the 2007 model year, the GMT360 platform received an increase to 291 hp (217 kW) and 277 ft·lb (376 N·m) of torque.
- The 1996-2000 Isuzu Hombre used the General Motors-built Vortec 4300 Engine with 180 hp (134 kW) and 245 ft·lb (332 N·m) of torque.
Isuzu V engine
- The 6VD1 3.2L SOHC V6 was used from 1992-1997 featuring 175 hp (130 kW). From 1992 to 1996, the same engine was available in DOHC form with 190 hp (142 kW). A redesigned version of the DOHC was introduced in 1998, with 205 hp.
Bore x Stroke: 93.4mm x 77mm Displacement: 3,165 cc (193 cid)
- The 6VE1 3.5L DOHC 24V V6 was introduced in 1998 with 215 hp (160 kW) and used until 2004 with the termination of the Isuzu Axiom. Gasoline direct injection was added for 2004 only and boasted output to 230 hp (172 kW). This was a stroked version of the 6VD1.
Bore x Stroke: 93.4mm x 85mm Displacement: 3,494 cc (213 cid)
- The 6DE1 DMAX V6 engine is a DOHC 24V turbocharged engine with 170 PS (125 kW) and 350 N·m (260 lb·ft) of torque as found in the Saab 9-5. Displacement: 3.0 liters
- The 6BB1 is a 6 cylinder version of the 4BB1 and displaces 5.4 liters.
- The 6BD1T is a 6 cylinder version of the 4BD1T and displaces 5.7 liters.
- The 6BG1T is a 6 cylinder version of the 4BG1T and displaces 6.3 liters. etc.
- The 6HK1 is a SOHC 24V turbocharged engine with 200-300 HP (149-224 KW) and 700–1,160 N·m (520–860 lb·ft) of torque.
Bore x stroke: 114.8mm x 125mm, displacement: 7.8L (475 cid)
- The 6QA2 is used for heavy duty buses.
- 2001–2009 General Motors SUV's use the General Motors-built Vortec 5300 Engine with 285 hp (213 kW) and 325 ft·lb (441 N·m) of torque.
- Isuzu Commercial trucks use the General Motors-built Vortec 6000 Engine with 300 hp (224 kW) and 360 ft·lb (488 N·m) of torque.